The aim of this one-day workshop, given in French by Nina Robin, is to introduce the conservator to various possibilities given by the use of digital tablets (iPad and Android) to achieve condition reports and graphic surveys.
The session will begin with the presentation of selected condition reports applications. The rest of the day will be spent discovering different graphic survey applications through practice. Then, many topics will be explored to communicate and localise the alterations observed on artworks, such as the creation and mastering of layers, the making of hatched or dotted areas, the insertion of figures and text and also how to customise tools and colour schemes.
- Horus Condition Report, Art Report: (both are French applications) to edit and archive condition reports.
- Adobe Fill & Sign, PDF Expert: to fill in forms in pdf format.
- Autodesk Sketchbook: to achieve complex surveys step by step (illustration format, layers, figures and text insertion, texturised areas, customisation of tools and more…)
- Adobe Capture: creation of surveys backgrounds.
- Introduction to metric survey layouts with the application AutoCAD.
- Moldiv: a complementary application to rectify and reframe pictures. It can also be used to make before/after images of artworks.
> Its contents can be modified according to the expectations of the audience.
Nina Robin holds a master’s degree in painting conservation-restoration from the Université Paris 1 – Panthéon Sorbonne. As an independent, she collaborates with various institutions and uses on a regular basis different applications to achieve condition reports and graphic surveys in ateliers or on wall painting conservation in situ working sites.
Dates (one to select):
> 12 March 2020 (09:00-17:00)
> 13 March 2020 (09:00-17:00)
Venue: Rue de Praetere/Praeterestraat 18 B-1050 Brussels (Ixelles/Elsene)
Registration fee: 180 EUR - Coffee breaks, lunch included
Deadline: 25 February 2020
Limited to 12 participants per day
Registration is open to professional conservators and students from any specialisation (2D, 3D). This event is not dedicated to condition report training: participants must already be familiar with the process.
We expect the participants to attend the course bringing a digital tablet with downloaded applications: a list of the applications required and their downloading instructions will be sent within 15 days before the event. SHAKE in Conservation can provide digital tablets to participants in needs if mentioned in advance.
Please note that the language of instruction is French. An English version of this workshop should be organised in the fall 2020.