The aim of this one-day workshop, given in French by Nina Robin, is to introduce the conservator to various possibilities given by the use of digital tablets (iPad and Android) to achieve condition reports and graphic surveys.
The session will begin with the presentation of selected condition reports applications. The rest of the day will be spent discovering different graphic survey applications through practice. Then, many topics will be explored to communicate and localise the alterations observed on artworks, such as the creation and mastering of layers, the making of hatched or dotted areas, the insertion of figures and text and also how to customise tools and colour schemes.
- Horus Condition Report, Art Report: (both are French applications) to edit and archive condition reports.
- Adobe Fill & Sign, PDF Expert: to fill in forms in pdf format.
- Autodesk Sketchbook: to achieve complex surveys step by step (illustration format, layers, figures and text insertion, texturised areas, customisation of tools and more…)
- Adobe Capture: creation of surveys backgrounds.
- Introduction to metric survey layouts with the application AutoCAD.
- Moldiv: a complementary application to rectify and reframe pictures. It can also be used to make before/after images of artworks.
> Its contents can be modified according to the expectations of the audience.
Nina Robin holds a master’s degree in painting conservation-restoration from the Université Paris 1 – Panthéon Sorbonne. As an independent, she collaborates with various institutions and uses on a regular basis different applications to achieve condition reports and graphic surveys in ateliers or on wall painting conservation in situ working sites.
This event is not dedicated to condition report training: participants must already be familiar with the process.
An English version of this workshop should be organised in the fall 2020.